Friday, November 11, 2005

Perfect Coffee at a Perfect Price - Convenience & Quality meet for less than $50!

So I am a hero at work now. Not because I am plowing through the backlog of work, bureaucracy or just generally kicking ass... No I am a hero b/c of a little Dutch friend of mine... We were paying $50 bucks a month for leasing a coffee system for our office coffee. Not only was the coffee still lousy (it was even this fancy schmancy Keurig system) but since few people drink coffee it was a waste of money. So since I am the budget guy and under the gun to cut costs I dumped the leased Crapmaker errr Coffeemaker and bring a little Dutch friend to help me.

Meet Senseo - you may recall from the picture I did a post about my Senseo Coffeemaker a while back. It's amazing, it makes the best cup of coffee short of Dunkies or a professional espresso machine (tho Senseo just makes strong European coffee, not espresso) of any home gadget I've seen yet. I discovered it when I was in Amsterdam back in March. They've been out here for a while but I think are now finally catching on like in Holland and the rest of Europe. It's perfect for our little office since it brews 1 or 2 cups at a time and the coffee is fabulous. Plus it looks neat and has become a conversation piece. I'm actually surprised at how taken people are with it. But I am now a hero. I'm saving upwards of $500 a year on a lease, the coffee is 200% better and people are happy. All b/c of the little wonderpot from Holland. If you ain't Dutch you ain't.... well anyhow.

People keep asking me for a link. You can buy this guy at Target or pretty much any place that sells coffee makers... but I recommend Amazon.com. I got mine there (for $65 back in May - which was a good deal and the regular price at most stores) but they have it for $49 with free shipping AND a free bag of coffee pods (18 pods in their version - the box sold in the stores only comes with a starter pack of like 4 pods). So if you want to be a hero in your office or home try it out...