Monday, December 12, 2005

Free expanded breakfast, Internet and more! Some hotel links and some deals!

Ok you guys know I am a travel FREAK as well as a bargain whore... Being that I am now a grad student I've been searching around for good deals for my upcoming trips... Let's face it - life as a university employee isn't exactly rolling wheelbarrows of benjamins in... But at the same time I refuse to stay at crappy hotels... and I also REFUSE to get a home equity loan just to use the Internet or have a bite to eat at the hotel when I am on the go...

So here's a couple of my new favs from a couple of chains I like and some I have just started to like... see what you think - remember you should always check out www.tripadvisor.com for unbiased reviews of hotels by real travelers... It is an ESSENTIAL travel resource and 100% free. In fact I encourage you to post short reviews after each hotel stay - you don't get anything for it save the knowledge that someone will be that much more informed about their travel decision b/c you were kind enough to share your experiences!

Best Online Rates at Radisson.com

Wingate Inns - FREE expanded continental breakfast

Wingate Inns - FREE self-service 24-hour business center

Wingate Inns - FREE High-Speed Internet

Howard Johnson (Note: I find that the Howard Johnson in Isla Verde in San Juan, PR is an excellent value - I took my family there 2 Christmas' ago. The rooms are very basic, but clean and they have the all-important fridge... The a/c works quite well (you definitely want a hotel with good a/c in PR) and it is a short walk across the street to a quiet beach not far from the popular yet all to crowded Isla Verde beaches by the Wyndham and Intercontinental. If you want a really good price (and a nice little pool - nothing fancy but great for a casual dip) and clean rooms with no frills go for it! If you are a high-end traveler I'd pass...

No comments: